Solar Water Heating
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How does your solar water heating system work?
Answer - Water in the solar storage tank is circulated through a roof
mounted solar panel. The solar panel absorbs the sun's heat and passes
it on to the water as it flows through the collector. The system
is automatically controlled to maintain optimum temperatures. The solar
storage tank has a back-up electrical element in case of inclement weather. Contact us for more information.
Solar Water Heater
Active Solar Water Heaters
2. What does the solar hot water heater system look like?
Answer - It looks like a skylight!
3. How much money am I
spending now to heat my hot water?
- Up to 1/3 of the average electric bill is devoted to
water heating. This amount will vary based on actual hot water usage. The Energy Guide on your current hot water tank
is also a good "rule of thumb" to use to determine your yearly
Here to see Typical Wattages of Various Appliances
Resources and Environment Analysis Centre
Florida State University
4. How much money
can I save if I install a Solar-Fit solar hot water heating system?
- A properly sized Solar-Fit solar water heater system
will save a family 85-90% of their water heating costs by using the sun's FREE ENERGY instead of electricity. Contact us to determine your family's savings.
5. What size solar hot water system do I need?
- The system size is based on your family's hot water usage. Solar-Fit
solar water heating systems are available in 40, 50, 66, 80, or 120 gallon capacities. Solar-Fit
solar water heaters can also be retro-fitted to your existing hot water
tank. Contact us at Solar-Fit for specific sizing information
pertinent to your family's needs.
6. I have an existing
home. Can I have a solar hot water heater system added now?
- Yes. Most homes can be Solar-Fitted. Contact us for your FREE SOLAR ANALYSIS.
7. I am having a
new home built. Should I have a Solar-Fit solar water heater system installed during construction?
- Absolutely! Most reputable home builders in your
area already offer Solar-Fit solar hot water systems as options on their
new homes. Investing in a system at the time of new
construction is always a good idea. In many cases the electric savings
from the solar hot water system are greater than the cost of the system. Many
homeowners are able to enjoy the many benefits associated with using the
sun's FREE ENERGY without spending a penny. Contact us at Solar-Fit
for a list of building contractors in your area offering Solar-Fit
solar water heating systems as options on their new homes.
8. What additional
benefits do Solar-Fit solar hot water systems provide?
- Environmentally safe, non-polluting
- A permanent hedge against
inflation and high utility rates
- Increase the value of your
- Reduce America's dependence
on foreign oil supplies
9. How can I find
out if a Solar-Fit solar water heating system will work for my family?
- Contact us today for your FREE
FOR ADDITIONAL PHOTOS CLICK HERE